One of the hottest topics in skincare right now is women shaving their faces. While you may be clutching your pearls with shock, women are swearing by the results, to exfoliate the skin, making it look brighter, while removing any “peach fuzz.”
Rumors abound that beauty legends, like Elizabeth Taylor and Marilyn Monroe shaved their faces. While we can’t verify that, we can share with you the details for how you can do it, too!
Many women are seeking estheticians to perform “Dermaplaning” to exfoliate the skin, but many women are learning how to dermaplane at home. Shaving your face to remove the vellus hair (i.e. light ‘peach fuzz’) exfoliates the skin and can make it look more radiant.
To effectively shave your face:
- Clean your skin with face wash, then dry your face completely. Most facial shaving is done on skin without shaving creams or any additional products. (Some women find shaving a dry face irritating, so if this is your experience, you can apply a light Moisturizer.)
- Use a single-blade razor specifically designed for women’s facial shaving. These can be referred to as dermaplaning tools or eyebrow shaving razors. Make sure to use a fresh razor.
- To begin shaving, hold the skin taut on one side, then hold the razor at a 45-degree angle.
- Gently shave the skin with light-touch, gentle strokes. Make sure to shave with the hair’s grain rather than against it.
- Rinse the razor after each stroke.
- Avoid the area around your eyes.
- After shaving, rinse your face and moisturize right away!
If you have a lot of skin issues, like acne or rosacea, you will want to avoid dermaplaning on your own. But if your skin is healthy, you may want to give it a shot!
So if you are looking for a great exfoliation tool, consider dermaplaning or face shaving.